At Positive Mind Works, we aim to do things a little differently. You will discover that we are not just any old counselling service. We provide online access to registered psychologists from the comfort of your own home, delivering empowered solutions at a time that is most convenient for you. To better suit your needs, our service is flexible, offering weekend and evening appointments that can fit around even the busiest of lifestyles.
Positive Mind Works was founded by our principle Psychologist Samantha Spafford. Born and raised in Alice Springs NT, Samantha saw the need to provide better access to counselling for those in remote and rural communities. As a result, Positive Mind Works was created, using modern technology to provide easy online access for all – whether in rural regions or not – throughout Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
What to expect from online counselling
When you make an online counselling appointment at PMW, it is similar to meeting with a psychologist face-to-face, except your session will take place over video or call instead of in-person. This saves you time travelling to a physical clinic, and most people find that they prefer their sessions to take place within the privacy and comfort of their own home. To connect you with your chosen counsellor, we use an online, secure platform – which is specifically designed for health services.
Why Choose Positive Mind Works?
Our team of highly experienced psychologists are carefully chosen and each has their own specialist skill sets, such as Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, and Health Psychologists. As a result, Positive Mind Works can offer a range of services focused on your exact area of need. We also speak several languages, including Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin and Catalan.
Each member of our team is verified and registered with a national professional registration body, such as AHPRA (Australia), NZ Psych Board (New Zealand) or HCPC (UK). Furthermore, as we are a constantly growing team, we always aim to make sure that your chosen psychologist is the right fit for you and your individual needs. However, if you wish to change your therapist at any time, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Our values are:
- An emphasis on prevention and early intervention in order to minimise human suffering and loss.
- The importance of overcoming barriers experienced by individuals, companies and communities in accessing effective help at the right time.
- Potential of every human being to change and to continue learning throughout their lifespan.
- Strong relationships as the primary vehicle in helping others to learn new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- When it comes to the importance of wellbeing, make informed and guided decisions based on up to date evidence and science rather than passing fads or popular trends.
- Respect for diversity of individuals, their cultures, languages, lifestyles, identities, ideologies, intellectual capacities, personalities, and capabilities to expand our learning opportunities and understanding of global connections