What to expect from Online Counselling?
Psychologists with PMW have been carefully screened and selected. Our team are all experienced psychologists (with a minimum of 3 years practice) and come with a wide variety of specialist skill sets, including Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Health Psychologists and Online Counselling Psychologists. We verify that every psychologist on our team is registered with their national professional registration body, whether that is AHPRA (Australia), NZ Psych Board (New Zealand) or HCPC (UK). And our close knit team are able to make sure you are speaking with the best person to help relevant to your situation. At the end of the day, this gives you easy access to online counselling right from the comfort of your own home.
About Positive Mind Works?
What is ‘Positive Psychology’?
Our Values are:
- An emphasis on prevention and early intervention in order to minimise human suffering and loss.
- The importance of overcoming barriers experienced by individuals, companies and communities in accessing effective help at the right time.
- Potential of every human being to change and to continue learning throughout their lifespan.
- Strong relationships as the primary vehicle in helping others to learn new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- When it comes to the importance of wellbeing, make informed and guided decisions based on up to date evidence and science rather than passing fads or popular trends.
- Respect for diversity of individuals, their cultures, languages, lifestyles, identities, ideologies, intellectual capacities, personalities, and capabilities to expand our learning opportunities and understanding of global connections
Traditional psychology is heavily focused on the negative. One of the first questions you will face when seeing a psychologist (be it an organisational, clinical, couples, educational or behavioural psychologist) is something along these lines:
What is wrong /or what is not working?(either implied or explicit)
While this is undeniably an important question, a positive psychologist also wants to know what is going well. Identifying our strengths helps us to overcome our challenges. If we want to learn about optimal well being we need to study what is working well. Positive psychologists study people and systems that are excelling rather than focusing just on problems, deficits and losses.Read More